Advanced Clinical Mentorship -TBA
*This is not a program we run every year. Stay tuned for the next time we offer this training. The details below are from our 2021-2022 Mentorship.
- 1 Year Program
- 3rd Level Certification
- July 2021 – July 2022
The Earthwalk School of Herbal Traditions is very excited to announce its long-time-coming 3rd level program, which is an Advanced Clinical Mentorship. This program will be a year-long course that dives into the very spirit of herbalism, with an emphasis on deep healing, connection, and clinical study. This completes the journey for the herbalist seeking a solid foundation in the professional skills necessary to become a successful practicing herbalist.
Our first level Apprenticeship represents the Body. This level is hands-on learning. Making products, learning anatomy and physiology, meeting the plants. A wonderful introduction.
The intermediate level Community Herbalist Training represents the Mind. We begin in the winter. It is a more introspective course. We begin learning how to read the body with facial, tongue, and pulse analysis. We learn how to perform an intake for someone seeking herbal guidance. We begin to understand more complicated health conditions. We give you the skills to be able to help others.
This 3rd level represents the Spirit. This levels focuses on internalizing the lessons of the first two courses, and the tone of this course takes on a more spiritual note. In this level you will attend a class once a month, perform case studies, commune with nature, read books, and attend clinics. Students will have a one hour check-in with their assigned mentor each month, which can be done over the phone, on the computer, or in person. This allows for a deeper understanding of protocols and provides students a safe space for processing consultations and receiving constructive feedback.
We designed this course with the idea that it will be able to fit into your working and parenting life, so we hope that the schedule is accommodating to you. With that in mind, students will be expected to read 5-6 books and complete books reports, complete 8 clinical observation reports, write a reflection piece on your chosen area of focus, and attend clinics. If there is a class that you cannot make, we will create a Zoom option for you, but our hope is for you to attend classes in person as much as possible.
This course will be led by local, clinical herbalists, Melanie Scofield, Jillian Twisla, and Steve Byers. Students will be awarded with a certificate of completion in Advanced Clinical Herbal Studies. When you register for the course, you will need to consider your first choice mentor and second choice mentor. We can also choose for you, based on who we think the best fit would be.
For more information about scholarships, payment plans, and our financial policies, please go here.
Class dates and subjects:
- July 23, 24, 25- Camping trip with Steve Byers at Nibezen. Commune with the land and the plants. More details to come.
- August 21- Grounding and Boundaries with Jillian Twisla at Hyllatree in Hope. 10-4
- September 18- All Day Clinic @Earthwalk School. 10-4
- October 23- Detoxification Pathways and Physiology with Steve Byers @ Earthwalk. 10-4
- November 20- Plants Allies and Animal Spirits. A day of shamanic journeying with Jillian Twisla @ Hyllantree 10-4
- December 18- All Day Clinic @Earthwalk. 10-4
- January 15- External Applications/ Herbal Therapies. Led by Melanie Scofield @Earthwalk. 10-4
- February 19- Healing the Heart with Steve Byers @Earthwalk. 10-4
- March 19- Energy Body Anatomy. Engaging the Energy. With Jillian Twisla @Hyllantree. 10-4
- April 16- All Day Clinic @Hyllantree. 10-4
- May 21- Working with and understanding Addictions (Opioids and beyond). Led by Melanie. @Earthwalk 10-4
- June 18- Student Presentations @Earthwalk 10-4
- July 16- Student Presentations and Graduation Day!
All classes are held from 10am-4pm except for the camping trip which will be announced. Once students sign up we will send a detailed description of the classes, along with a list of books for reading assignments. Students will receive book report forms, clinical observation forms and handouts at the first class in November.
Hyllantree classes are held in Hope, just 15 minutes from the Earthwalk School. Directions will be provided to students in the introductory letter.
To Register: One must be competent in the field of herbalism. A knowledge of the plants and working with others is required to join this course. Please contact us if you are interested!
Payments: We require a 50% ($900) deposit upon registration. The rest of tuition must be paid in full 3 weeks before the start date of the course. We are asking for a 100% financial commitment to this course. If one person drops out, it affects our ability to run the course. More details to come on the financial piece.
Please reach out if you are eagerly anticipating this level of training and have questions!